About Pay By Mail
Pay by Mail invoices are issued to drivers who use North East Texas Regional Mobility operated toll roads without having a valid TxTag, TollTag, EZ Tag, K-Tag, Pikepass, BancPass, or registered a pre-paid account. Cameras above the toll lanes record the license plate of any vehicles without a toll tag, and the owner of the vehicle is sent a bill. Toll bills include a $1 administrative fee.
If you received a toll bill, a vehicle registered in your name has recently traveled on a North East Texas Regional Mobility Authority toll road. Be aware that if you lease or loan your vehicle to someone else, Texas law dictates that the registered vehicle owner is responsible for paying any tolls incurred by that vehicle. Failure to pay a toll bill can result in additional fees and court fines.
Pay By Mail customers have 30 days to pay their bill in person, via check, online or over the phone.
TxTag customers receive an ongoing 25% discount off the Pay By Mail toll rates and avoid the $1 processing charge associated with each toll bill. Click here to learn more about TxTag and how to sign up.
What is a Mobility Authority Registered Pre-Paid Account?
Drivers who use Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority toll roads but don’t want an electronic tag can choose to register for a pre-paid account and not have to worry about receiving Mobility Authority invoices in the mail.
Simply sign-up online or over the phone with one of our representatives and enjoy these benefits:
- Beginning January 1, 2019, discounted toll rates on Mobility Authority operated toll roads
- Manage your account online
- Add, change, or remove vehicles
- Change or update your contact information and payment methods
- View transactions
- Tolls are paid automatically with your debit/credit card or ACH account
- Avoid administrative fees by signing up for E-Statements and text message notifications
Be aware that if you lease or loan your vehicle to someone else, Texas law dictates that the registered vehicle owner is responsible for paying any tolls incurred by that vehicle.
Failure to pay a toll bill can result in additional fees and court fines.
- Toll Bill: tolls + $1 processing fee
- Notice of Non-Payment: (30 days past due) unpaid tolls + unpaid fees + $15 non-payment fee per invoice
- Second Notice of Non-Payment: (60 days past due) unpaid tolls + unpaid fees + $15 non-payment fee per invoice
- Final Notice of Non-Payment: (90 days past due) unpaid tolls + unpaid fees + $15 non-payment fee per invoice
- Legal Action (per toll, after 120 + days of nonpayment): subject to criminal misdemeanor charge + toll + court fees + up to $250 special fine per unpaid toll
Save money on tolls statewide.
Whether you use toll roads in Austin, Dallas, Houston or anywhere else in Texas, here are some reasons to consider getting an electronic toll tag:
- Savings: Electronic tag customers enjoy a 25% discount on tolls and avoid late fees.
- Convenience: Tolls paid via electronic tag are debited automatically.
- Easy sign-up: Electronic tag accounts can be opened online, by mail or by phone. Get your TxTag, TollTag, EZ Tag, K-Tag, Pikepass or BancPass today.